Real Neat Blog Award
A million thanks to Lynn @ Books and Traveling with Lynn for always thinking on me for her awards. As soon as I read the questions for this “neat award”, I knew I wanted to participate and give my two cents. I’m not going to nominate fellow bloggers because last time most didn’t want to take part, but if the questions appeal to you, feel free to nominate yourself on my behalf.
- Thank and link the blogger that nominated you.
- Answer the 7 questions that the nomination has provided you.
- Create 7 questions for your nominees.
- Nominate 7 other bloggers.
- If you could meet any author, from any time (past and present), who would that be and what would be your most pressing question?
I would like to meet three, one from the past, who is my absolute favorite: Jorge Luis Borges—I so would like a lengthy conversation on any topic he chose if I could bring him back to life…Gosh, I would like to be his lowly assistant just to breathe the same rare air as he.
And two from this era: Frederick Forsyth and Daniel Silva—the things I would like to learn from both!
- Who is your absolute favorite character, ever? I know you’re probably groaning and rolling your eyes but there must be one character that springs to mind immediately – probably followed by a host of others – but, I want that first knee jerk reaction please and why!
I have three: Esteban Trueba from House of Spirits by Isabel Allende, and Ari Shamron from the Gabriel Allon series by Daniel Silva, for their political beliefs, of course.
- What is your favorite series out of all the books you’ve read? The series you would recommend without hesitation.
I have started a few series, but the only one that has gotten my undivided attention from beginning to the present is the Gabriel Allon series by Daniel Silva.
- What’s your preferred reading format, book or e-reader?
I used to be staunch supporter of printed books, but between my eyes getting the best of me and the convenience of e-readers, I am now a firm convert to e-readers, to the point that I have gotten in the habit of buying e-books of the printed books I own. Another thing that I am terribly attracted to, and I can’t resist, are the sales on e-books.
- The book you were most looking forward to but ended up being really disappointed with?
I don’t remember a book disappointing me that badly to be memorable. I try to go as open minded as possible about reading any book that fits my tastes. One thing though, I seldom depart from my reading tastes precisely because I may end up disappointed.
- Blogging – what do you love/not love – any embarrassing moments?
I love everything about blogging, from the writing process to compose a readable (and hopefully likable) post, to interacting with fellow bloggers and being able to recommend books/movies given their tastes.
- Most anticipated book for the remainder of 2016?